Dr. Nathan Schwartz has practiced in Georgia for over 30 years, specializing in foot and ankle reconstructive surgery. He has been published in professional journals and authored a text on ultrasound of the foot and ankle. He has developed several surgical procedures that are widely used by foot and ankle surgeons throughout the world and has lectured internationally.
Dr. Schwartz’s expertise also includes the treatment of wounds of the lower extremities, sports medicine, and regenerative medicine for the tendons and ligament of the foot and ankle. Through his use of in-office diagnostic ultrasound, Doppler and x- ray facilities, he can develop a comprehensive diagnosis and suggest appropriate treatment options. In addition to surgery, Dr. Schwartz provides conservative services for total foot and ankle care. Diabetics are a special segment of his patient population.
Dr. Schwartz is board certified in foot and ankle surgery. He was Chief of Surgery at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, an assistant professor at Emory University, an associate professor at Georgia State University, and an adjunct Professor at the California College of Podiatric Medicine.
- Undergraduate, Maryland University, College Park, Maryland
- Doctorate, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Foot and Ankle Reconstruction Surgery
- Wound Care
- Sports Medicine
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Northlake Community Hospital, Northlake, IL
- Fellow, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American Society for Podiatric Surgeons
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, Georgia Podiatric Medical Association