Dr. Richardson is a native of Fairfield, CT and Bayside, Queens, NY and has been in private podiatric practice since 2001. He received his doctorate at New York College of Podiatric Medicine. His four-year medical and surgical residency was completed at North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System in New Hyde Park, NY where he was selected to serve as residency coordinator.
Dr. Richardson completed advanced training in adult and pediatric surgery through a one-year fellowship at North General Hospital, NY, NY. He is skilled in managing complex pediatric conditions including clubfoot, polydactyly, syndactyly, plastic reconstructive surgery and traumatic injuries to the foot and ankle.
Dr. Richardson has been involved in clinical research serving as a sub investigator in the study of treatment for diabetic foot-related infections. His areas of special interest are pediatric foot abnormalities and reconstruction, diabetic reconstructive foot surgery, and wound therapy. Dr. Richardson is skilled in ankle implant and joint replacement surgeries.
- B.A., Hamilton College, Clinton, NY – 1988
- Premedical Program, Columbia University School of General Studies, New York, NY – 1988-1991
- Doctorate, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY – 1997
- Surgical Residency, North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY and Brooklyn
- Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY – 1997-2001
- Surgical Fellowship, North General Hospital, NY, NY – 1999-2000
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Emory University Hospital Midtown, Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sandy Springs, GA
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Pediatrics
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association