Dr. Banks has been in private surgical practice in Tucker for over 20 years. He is a recognized authority on foot and ankle surgery and receives referrals from across the United States for evaluation and treatment of the most complex problems.
Dr. Banks has lectured extensively in the United States and Europe and published over two dozen chapters for medical textbooks as well as articles for medical journals. He was chief editor of the third edition of McGlamry’s Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery, the standard reference text in the podiatric profession. He has served as an editorial advisor to the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association and is currently a member of the manuscript review panel of the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Dr. Banks served as director of the surgical residency program at DeKalb Medical Center and Northlake Medical Center from 1989 until 2010. He is a faculty member of The Podiatry Institute, an internationally recognized teaching foundation for reconstructive foot and ankle surgery.
- B.S., Mercer University, Macon, GA
- Doctorate, Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- HCA Doctors Hospital – 3-year residency in foot, ankle and leg surgery
- Board Certified in Foot and Ankle Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Faculty, The Podiatry Institute, Atlanta, GA
- Director of Residency Training, DeKalb Medical Center, 1989-2010
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- DeKalb Medical Center, Decatur, GA
- Northside Medical Center
- Atlanta Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sandy Springs, GA
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association