Metro Atlanta: 770.771.6991
Middle Georgia: 478.475.9250
Toll Free: 1.888.488.4728
Medical Services » Pediatric Foot Care
Good foot and ankle healthcare should begin early in life. The foot is the foundation that supports the body and is responsible for our daily mobility. Yet, it tends to be the body part most commonly overlooked for proper care.
Village Podiatry Centers’ physicians encourage parents to be observant of their child’s foot and ankle development starting at birth.
Parents should remember these basics about children’s feet:
- A young child’s feet are very pliable. Foot deformities can result from any abnormal pressure from tight covers or shoes that restrict foot growth and development.
- Shoes should be flexible and properly fitted.
- Be aware of your child’s walking patterns which may signal a concern.
- Recurring foot pain is not normal and should not be ignored. Children may suffer pain from flat feet and juvenile bunions.
- Swelling without explanation may be a sign of a serious condition and should be evaluated.
- Foot deformities such as club foot require early medical intervention.
Consult with one of our podiatrists to address these concerns. Village Podiatry Centers provide treatment for foot deformities, injuries, and all common foot problems in children such as in-grown toenails. Our medical staff includes podiatric surgeons who specialize in the treatment of children.