Metro Atlanta: 770.771.6991
Middle Georgia: 478.475.9250
Toll Free: 1.888.488.4728
Specialized Pediatric Foot Care
Podiatry Statistics: Foot Health
Health Information » Basic Foot Facts
- Each foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and associated tendons.
- The 52 bones in your feet account for approximately 25% of the total number of bones in your body.
- Women experience 4 times as many foot problems as men.
- While running each foot is subjected to 3 to 4 times your body weight.
- 75% of Americans will experience foot health problems of various degrees throughout the course of their lives.
- The average person will walk nearly 115,000 miles during the course of their lifetime.
- Your foot has 3 arches: two longitudinal and one transverse. Fallen arches, or flat feet, can cause serious foot problems and pain.
- Patients with diabetes should take special care of their feet because they are at risk for peripheral neuropathy, diabetic ulcers, and other foot problems.